[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - Re: How contribute to Freemarker plugin and add my Plugin ec

max.andersen@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 20 16:47:57 EST 2006

"azerr" wrote : Hi max,
  | thank you for you answer. I will send you my Freemarker Plugin updated and I will explain you new features that I added.

Please send a *patch* and not just an updated plugin.

anonymous wrote :
  | For Akrogen, I'm agree with you, at first you believe Akrogen is the same thing that hibernate tool, because it can generate Bean although Hibernate tool generate it.
  |
  | But Akrogen can generate any component of Web Application, like DAO, Service, Action Struts, JSP. With Hibernate mapping you can generate XML PageConfig (XML Akrogen description  for describe a form (CRUD form, list form,...).

Hibernate tools can also generate different artifacts; nothing special about that.

anonymous wrote :
  | It exist's a lot of Generator Plugin which generate code, BUT just for one technology and architecture (ex : EclipseWork which generate components just for Web Work). With Akrogen, I would like give several default template for My Architecture that I use (Service/DAO with Spring and Hibernate and Struts). But I want add wizzard to add easily your own template, because each project and people use their own architetecture.

ditto for Hibernate Tools.

anonymous wrote :
  | With Akrogen, you could generate components for PHP project.
  | XML is the model of your template (XSL or freemarker), so you could use for instance WSDL XML model to generate other components, or XMI,...
  |
  | XML Akrogen component is the XML description for the component that you want generate (description, title, input parameters, template to use,...). Once you have create an XML component, you can register it to use with Wizard Eclipse.

In Hibernate Tools these are called "Exporters"; we don't have a generic way of describing them but if someone wants to add it feel free ;)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3995454#3995454

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3995454