[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Value injection not always working with Seam 1.1

andrew.rw.robinson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 21 15:02:57 EST 2006

A little more information. I found a work-around, but not sure why it works. The method:
changeCurrentViewSelection(currentDimensionName, oldValue, newValue.getKey());

Causes a seam event to be thrown and some other things. When that method returns my injected member variables are set to null despite the fact that I haven't left the method yet.

I wonder if the following is happening:

1) A fires event that B observes
2) B calls method on A to get some information
3) this method is finished, Seam sets A's member variables to null
4) call context returns to A (after the event) and the members are null!

If this is true, I believe the fix, would be that the member variables should never be set to null until the bean is no longer in "scope", meaning that no method is currently being invoked on that thread in that method.

Could this be the issue?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3995711#3995711

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3995711