[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - session handling of users

ask4saif do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 22 05:39:41 EST 2006

Greetings to all:

I am making an application with jboss-seam, I have a problem with session handling of users.

I am using a stateful session bean which is authenticating users from db. this bean has two fields in it username and password. on authentication I destroy the password and use username for the session tracking on JSF pages. In jsf pages i use JSTL tags to verify the user if he is logged in or not.

Now my problems are:

how can i restrict users from unauthorized access of pages.

how can i redirect users to login page if their username does not exist in the session.

how can i check if the form is submitted illeaglly.

And in the last, am i following the right approach or there is a better way to do this in seam.

i congrat gavin king on his great work and thank you all in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3995834#3995834

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3995834