[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - Re: How contribute to Freemarker plugin and add my Plugin ec

azerr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 22 07:23:55 EST 2006

anonymous wrote : I saw JBIDE-428, is that what you refer to ? It's not a patch it is the complete project...
I have post a comment.

anonymous wrote : What do you mean "another architecture" ? Have you even tried to use the tools and looked at the code to see how it works ?

For me architecture is the pattern of your Application (Service, DAO)
each people have their own architecture and implementation :
Architecture example :
Architecture 1 : Service call DAO which returns Bean (from hibernate)
                       and Service returns the Bean (after detach it to session)
Architecture 2 : Service call DAO which returns Bean (from hibernate)
                       Servive build DTO by using Bean and it returns the DTO.

Implementation example
DAO can be implements with JDBC or Hibernate,....

According to the architecture the Eclipse WizradPage must be different (parameters (package name, import classes ...) of the template are different).

Plesae let me a little time to study Hibernate Tool.

anonymous wrote : Maybe it is your vocabulary I just don't get; e.g. what is an "XML componeent" ? And if I need to write XML + a template what is saved here ?

XML Components is XML desciption of the Eclipse WizardPage (which parameters must be displayed). When you click to Finish Buton, the generation is launched, by merging a template (set in the XML Component)
, the XML file selected (hbm, OR OTHER XML FILE), and the parameters (fileds of the WizardPage).

XML Wizard is composed with several XML Component. You can synchronize parameters of one XML component with another XMl Component. (eg : you have XML Component for generate Struts ActionForm, and XML Component for generate XML struts-config). You can create a XML Wizard composed with the two XML COmponents and you can synchronyze className parameter of XML Component struts-config with XML Component ActionForm. When you change the parameter className of the XML Component ActionForm, it will change to for struts-config.

Akrogen is not mature, and my documentation is very poor. But I search another people which will interest with Akrogen. I have a lot of idea, but I would like discuss with another people.

Please let me time to write Akrogen documentation. After I hope that Akrogen will please you.

Regards Angelo

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3995848#3995848

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3995848