[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Getting javax.ejb.EJBException: Application Error: tried to

PamJoshua do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Dec 24 05:42:54 EST 2006

Hi,

I am using Jboss-4.0.3sp1 and EJB.
My Issue:

In my application, i do a search. During this search, it goes for an EJB call.
Now, if suppose a user cancels the search operation, immediatly after doing the search then i am getting the error below. Its throwing this error on the console and throwing it to the app screen also. Also, sometimes it doesnt throws this error but takes around 5 seconds to return the application to its normal form (By showing an hour glass)

I can understand that its trying to destroy that EJB call and the EJB is already engaged in a transaction means the EJB is still not passivated.
But i am not able to find the rootcause of this problem.

I am getting an EJBException. Here is the error log:

15:53:39,585 ERROR [LogInterceptor] EJBException in method: public abstract void javax.ejb.EJBObject.remove() throws java.rmi.RemoteException,javax.ejb.RemoveException:
javax.ejb.EJBException: Application Error: tried to enter Stateful bean with different tx context, contextTx: TransactionImpl:XidImpl[FormatId=257, GlobalId=dscp12800/119, BranchQual=, localId=119], methodTx: TransactionImpl:XidImpl[FormatId=257, GlobalId=dscp12800/120, BranchQual=, localId=120]
	at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatefulSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatefulSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:268)
	at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:48)
	at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:106)
	at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:335)
	at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:166)
	at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:192)
	at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:122)
	at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:624)
	at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:873)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor71.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:141)
	at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:80)
	at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:72)
	at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:245)
	at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:644)
	at org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPInvoker$MBeanServerAction.invoke(JRMPInvoker.java:805)
	at org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPInvoker.invoke(JRMPInvoker.java:406)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor70.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I tried to search in the forums about this exception but didnt got much help besides synchronizing the EJB call.

I dont want to show this error to the user and also, i dont want this error to come on Jboss console. Is it possible to find a solution without touching the EJB code? For the GUI part i am using Swings.

I am strucked in this problem for long. It would be really great if someone suggests some solution.

Thanks in Advance

PamJoshua

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3996099#3996099

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3996099