[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Ok, what am I missing?

steveotto999 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 28 17:00:13 EST 2006

I'm trying to understand the jBPM system.

I've gone through the examples in the distro and I can successfully run all of them as JUnit tests.  I did find one assertion failure BTW, where I had to change the number of tasks from 1 to 3.  Small glitch, no biggie.

So here is my question: how do I step a workflow through a processdefinition that has a fork/join in it?  I'm trying to step along using things like processInstance.signal()....but in the case of a fork, I will have multiple paths of execution yet there is only one RootToken.  What do I do?

In a sense, I'm trying to simulate the workflow....and I saw somewhere in the FAQs that jBPM does NOT support simulation.  This remark by Tom has me concerned -- it seems like I am trying to do something that I cannot do.

Thanks for any help,

Steve (lost in Oregon)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3996736#3996736

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3996736