[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: JBoss Portal 2.4.1.CR2 Released

bsmithjj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 29 09:14:34 EST 2006

The portal_2_0.dtd supplied with the source code does not match the documentation.  The documentation shows the root element to be .  The DTD states that the root element is .

Which is correct?

I am trying to figure out which version of JBoss Portal to use (if any) to start a new portal project.  It's the constant mismatch or lack of documentation on key aspects of this system that's making me think of just punting on the portal and sticking with Seam.

(IMHO) most 'real' companies that are looking to create a portal are going to approach this the same way as I am:

- how do I customize security for my infrastructure?
- how do I create/customize pages for my organization (look and feel, etc.)
- where's the documentation to do this?  'cause the documentation that comes with the portal doesn't quite match up.

Last year, when I put together a JBoss Portal 2.0.1 project, the portal was so much easier to customize and use.  Now, I can't figure out where to get started because basically it's a 50-50 crap shoot that the documentation actually describes how to do something a.) correctly, and b.) coherently.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3996851#3996851

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3996851