[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - URLClassLoader loadClass() throws NoClassDefFoundError for S

infoiasi_m do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 29 12:18:25 EST 2006

I am trying to use URLClassLoader class tor retrieve information about a class in the local file system, using the version 4.0.5 of the JBoss application server.
I have a business function in a session bean class in which i do this:

  | 	    String classPathString = path;
  | 	    File classPath = new File(classPathString);
  | 	    File[] files = classPath.listFiles();
  |
  | 		try {
  | 			URLClassLoader classLoader;
  | 			Thread.currentThread().setContextClassLoader(
  | 			    classLoader = new URLClassLoader(
  | 			        new URL[] {files[0].toURL()}
  | 			    )
  | 			);
  | 			Class c = classLoader.loadClass("classbro.ejb.JClassBroBean");
  | 			return c.getName();
  | 		} catch(ClassNotFoundException e) {
  | 			return "Class not found.";
  | 		} catch(MalformedURLException e) {
  | 			return "Malformed URL.";
  | 		}

The call of loadClass throws a NoClassDefFoundError for javax/ejb/SessionBean, which I cannot understand. The class which I put there exists and it is found, because I tested this. How could I fix this problem?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3996881#3996881

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3996881