[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - Re: create a simple EJB 3.0 application

brak2718 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 29 14:11:34 EST 2006

I just got done through this tutorial: http://www.j3ltd.com/articles/shoestring/introduction.htm

I used jboss 4.04 with ejb3 option, and JBossIDE for Eclipse 2.0.0.Beta2.

It's a great article for someone starting out with JBoss + EJB3 + Eclipse.  Though be careful of typos in the article -- use the source code you can download for the article, don't cut & paste from the article text itself.

On a tangential note, the only place I really got stuck on was deployment problems in JBoss where you get class cast exceptions after jndi lookups of EJBs.  I think this is a common problem with JBoss, or maybe containers in general -- you have multiple versions of supposedly the same class and multiple ways the containers can load those classes.  At any rate, I found I needed to undeploy the war/ejb3/ear/etc files, then redeploy (restarting JBoss doesn't help).

regards,
Ryan Mitchell

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3996889#3996889

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3996889