[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How to tweak output based on HTTP header for wired/mobil

jboss-Nth-Fan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 10 19:51:06 EDT 2006

"dbatcn" wrote : Putting a little information about this (dependence or lack thereof of javascript) in the Seam documentation area would be very helpful I think, particularly to people like me new to Seam/JSF/facelets/MyFaces/EJB3/JavaPersistence.

Completly agree, it looks like seam documentation assumes some degree of competency with JSF, EJB (less in v3 due to Pojos but container managed concepts are needed, and other basics).
Maybe a section like: "Things to Know About Underlying Frameworks in Seam" would be a good idea.

In particular Seam has been a breeze for me as I'm very close to JSF, EJB and Java5, but to compete (catch up?) with Rails some minimal background in underlying frameworks is needed, and that could be a consideration for many as you mentioned Java developers.

In regards to your original question, what about creating (or reusing) a pluggable JSF renderer. Something that Seam would be somewhat agnostic to -if not mistaken-
Jsf renderers idea was that in principle: to server different clients.

Yeyo

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3956816#3956816

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3956816