[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Deployment order of dependent process definitions

sgodden do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 11 05:17:02 EDT 2006

It seems that if I have process definition 1, which refers to process definition 2 in a process-state node, I must ensure that I deploy 2 before 1, i.e. that sub-process resolution is done at deployment time.  Failure to do that results in a an error "Can't create process instance when processDefinition is null"

I can't see how this will be workable in a moderately complex scenario where consultants are able to modify and re-upload process definitions.

Can we not defer sub-process definition resolution to runtime?

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3956904#3956904

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3956904