[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Portlet tag interpretation sequence

louise_za do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 11 07:02:32 EDT 2006

Hi

I have a class that generates some jsp code for me when calling on a specific method. This code includes the <portlet:ActionURL> tag:

  | public String getChildren(String id)
  |   {
  |          String children;
  |          children = "\t<portlet:actionURL windowState=\"normal\"             portletMode=\"view\" var=\"actionUrl\">\n" +
  |           "\t\t<portlet:param name=\"id\" value=\"" + id + "\"/>\n" +
  |           "\t</portlet:actionURL>\n" +
  |           "<script>\n" +
  |           "\t <a href=\"<%=actionUrl>\">The link</a>";
  |
  |   }

In my jsp I have a call to the method and then write out the variable containing the generated code:

  | <%
  |      String children = db.getChildren();
  | %>
  |
  | <%=children%>

The problem is that the actionUrl does not get interpreted and the link url looks something like this:
http://10.0.0.198:8080/portal/portal/default/<%=actionUrl%>

How can I force the jsp page to interpret the contents of the 'children' string so that the correct link is formed?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3956948#3956948

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3956948