[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Problem with MDB not finding it's queue

malmei do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 11 09:36:47 EDT 2006

Hi

I have a problem with a MessageDrivenBean which (by the look of it) doesn't connect to it's destination queue.

  | @Stateless
  | @MessageDriven(activationConfig =
  | {
  |   @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destinationType",propertyValue="javax.jms.Queue"),
  |   @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destination",propertyValue="queue/mdpojo"),
  |   @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="user",propertyValue="guest"),
  |   @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="password",propertyValue="guest"),
  |   @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="acknowledgeMode", propertyValue="AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE")
  | })
  | // public class MsgConsumerBean implements MsgConsumerLocal,MsgConsumerRemote,MessageDrivenBean {
  | public class MsgConsumerBean implements MessageListener,MessageDrivenBean {
  | [ ... ]
  | }

The queue is existing, I wrote a small program to browse it and there are 11 messages in it.

I also have a MDPOJO

  | @Consumer(activationConfig= {
  | 		@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destinationType",propertyValue="javax.jms.Queue"),
  | 	    @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destination",propertyValue="queue/echo"),
  | 	    @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="acknowledgeMode", propertyValue="AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE")
  | })
  | public class EchoBean implements Echo {
  | [ ... ]
  | }

which works just fine. In the logfile I can see lines like

  | 2006-07-11 14:05:11,007 DEBUG [org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.ConsumerContainer] Got destination type Queue for EchoBean
  | 2006-07-11 14:05:11,007 DEBUG [org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.ConsumerContainer] jndiSuffix: echo

but nothing similar for the MsgConsumerBean. The bean is definitivly deployed and I can see it's initialisation in the logfile. Everything is perfect, except that it's not trying to connect to the queue.

btw: echo and mdpojo are identically defined (except for the name)

Is there anything one has to do (besides annotations) to have a MDB connect to a queue?

Malte

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3956991#3956991

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3956991