[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: How to invoke a business process in JBoss

brado do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 11 11:06:04 EDT 2006

"cpob" wrote : 3.0.3 and 3.1.1 have a lot of differences, especially around the JbpmContext I believe.

  | Is there a reason you are using 3.0.3?  I'd suggest 3.1.1 if you could.

cpob,

Thanks so much for the helpful reply. Yes there was a reason I was using 3.0.3, because the demo on the JBoss web site used 3.0.3. If the whole ballgame is now 3.1.1, and has significant differences to 3.0.3, it might be a good idea to have a demo that addresses 3.1.1, not 3.0.3. I'll switch to 3.1.1.

In retrospect (cpob, this is a reply in general, not to you), after spending 4 days playing ping-pong with vague RTFM-like responses, I really wish that  our developer community in general would drop the attitude and just help others, without the need for a jab at others. People ask questions for reasons, sometimes very legitimate reasons that will never be understood if you are jumping to opportunities to be condescending.

The one card I haven't showed is that I've had a two-fold purpose in my post, which I intentionally made a basic question, and that was to gauge the quality of JBoss support, and the general demeanor of the people at JBoss. I'm a consultant, with many clients, and I have watched this thread as an indication of what kind of support experience my clients can expect with jBPM: whether they would get courteous answers, or whether they would run into those who would choose instead to put them down and/or send them on an easter egg hunt for answers. People ought to recognize that on a forum, there are opportunities to make friends, associates, and if you are associated with the developer, to gain a customer and a reference. Or likewise, you can alienate people, and send them elsewhere.

Thanks to everyone who was helpful. Help is truly appreciated.

Brad

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3957029#3957029

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3957029