[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Beginning conversations in @Factory methods

iradix do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 11 14:55:50 EDT 2006

I have a pretty typical CRUD application.  A @DataModel is generated by a @Factory method which is also annotated with @Begin(join = true); so far so good.  However when a create operation occurs the corresponding method is annotated with @End and this is where things go wrong.  If I don't set the list to null my subsequent page displays the list generated by the ended conversation, even though I've issued a redirect.  I'd imagine this is because a conversation's state is not cleared until a response is rendered?  Anyway, if I do set the list to null, it seems that the @DataModel annotation causes the @Factory method to be called directly after the create method thereby re-propogating the conversation I just tried to end.  I can't seem to find a way around this.  Any suggestions on how to fix the problem or an alternate design?

-Dave

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3957108#3957108

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3957108