[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: JBoss Seam is just a toy in front of the user using Spri

dhartford do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 12 12:19:23 EDT 2006

Good post Norman!

I am very strong on standards -- particularly when there are multiple implementations of a standard that each of strengths and weaknesses on both the implementation level as well as showing where the standard is weak and learn from it.

I personally did not look heavily at Seam until the Web Beans JSR and it's future inclusion with the Java EE standards stack.  I am hoping for the day a Jboss-competitor will create a Web Beans implementation to compete against Seam on an apple-to-apple comparison (spring vs Java EE is just theological apple-to-orange comparison).

Going back to Seto's original post, take a look at bfo81's reply - AppFuse was one of the faster way to develop a web application, but even now people are migrating towards Seam.  In the long run Seam may prove to be the better value, but short-term it's dependent on your skill set.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3957412#3957412

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3957412