[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Beginning conversations in @Factory methods

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 12 13:18:08 EDT 2006

anonymous wrote :  Is there no way to end a current conversation and begin an entirely new one in the course of a single request?

I'm pretty sure there isn't, Gavin wrote about this sometime ago on the forum.

anonymous wrote : I'm not using jPDL pageflows (I need to support back button usage)
AFAIK you can use the back button when using jpdl:

anonymous wrote :
  | It makes sense to me that a conversation should be started when a @DataModel is accessed so that the corresponding @DataModelSelection matches up to the DataTable presented to the user. If the conversation didn't begin until a row was selected I'd imagine the postback would start a new conversation, retrieving a new List via the factory method with potentially different results. Or am I missing something about the conversation lifecycle again?

What about putting the datamodel into the PAGE scope? Then start a conversation on the next action.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3957431#3957431

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3957431