[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Web console failing

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 12 15:34:44 EDT 2006

Wow, lots of info, so as promised a detailed answer.

Indeed if you just deploy the app yourself, there is no userdatabase. It is empty. The dropdownlist is no real login. In 3.2 that will change and the user will be taken from the http request, so it is easier to set yourself from any mechanism.

It could be that the 500 error is cause by not logging in first. That is the (rather basic and not fault tolerant) behaviour of the 3.1 webapp (there is a jira issue for this, but since 3.2 will change have a much more serious and robust webapp, I think it will not be fixed for 3.1.

Regarding the population of the db, there are some ant tasks (at least with 3.2) that you can call and pass some additional parameters to have the xml config that comes with 3.2 to generate sql insert statements. There also is a jira issue to combine the usermanagement of the jboss portal and create some generic mechanism/app to do this. otoh, the identity service should become more pluggable so you can drop in your own mechanism. Do  not expect that for 3.2 however.

(to be honest, I added my own users by dusting of my sql knowledge and inserted some manually for demo purposes ;-))

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3957490#3957490

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3957490