[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Http Session lost in Linux (SUSE LINUX)

gloriag do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 12 21:22:21 EDT 2006

We are using JBoss 4.0.1 on SUSE Linux Sever 9(i586) , we noticed that whenever user clicks different items on our web application,  tomcat servlet container renders different http session ids so the objects set in the session got lost.

For example user first clicks page Home, userName admin got set in the session, then the same user clicks page DiscoverySetup, new session comes up, when it tries to retrieve username, it has been gone.

ControllerServlet-doHandleRequest: httpsession id = 0E6B272FDE584B4CED757CF57743BA79
ControllerServlet-doHandleRequest: userName = admin page = Home

ControllerServlet-doHandleRequest: httpsession id = B511D07B4C0EC1CBB85AFCF9D1EA5F48
ControllerServlet-doHandleRequest: userName = null page = DiscoverySetup

The same application runnin on windows is fine. It is also fine on RedHat Linux.

Any idea on how to fix it? Do we need to apply patch for jboss or Suse? or any special tomcat configuration for Suse? Thanks

Regards,

Gloria

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3957595#3957595

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3957595