[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Deployment Error

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 13 11:11:19 EDT 2006

1) Do NOT post the same question to multiple forums!

2) The error message states:

Deployment FAILED reason: Invalid XML:
  | file=jar:file:/C:/jboss-4.0.4.GA/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp31156StringProcessor.jar!/META-INF/ejb-jar.xml at 6:2;
  | - nested throwable: (org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The processing instruction target matching "[xX][mM][lL]" is not allowed.)

The key parts are the xml file name and the location of the error (line 6, char position 2).  (You will, of course, want to fix the ejb-jar.xml file located within the original jar file, not the one in the tmp directory.)

3) You reformatted the xml file when you posted it (you should post it exactly as is and use the "CODE" brackets - paste the XML into the text box then highlight the XML text and click the Code button above the text entry area), so I cannot tell exactly what the problem is with it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3957771#3957771

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3957771