[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Interportlet Communication (Again)

free1000 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 14 02:40:48 EDT 2006

anonymous wrote : Also - I downloaded the HelloPortletIPC example, but I want to stick with JSR168 compliance.

I think thats where the problem lies as IPC is outside the scope of JSR168... this reference might be of interest, though I havent studied it enough to decide if its more practical than using the JBoss features, then rewiring at a later date if an app moves to another portal platform. I think its interesting that the writer suggests at the end that future standards are more likely to be like the extensions offered by portal vendors (including JBoss) than her own more JSR168 agnostic approach.

http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~mo197/portlets/thesis/ipc.php

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3957975#3957975

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3957975