[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Blog for JBoss Portal

roy.russo@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 14 08:36:00 EDT 2006

"sacha.labourey at jboss.com" wrote : where can I find a documentation for JBoss Portal that lists all available portlets, and for each, what they do, what can be configured, etc.?

We're not in the business of building portlets or promoting them. Whatever is in PortletSwap is whats available. We also leverage partners for our portlets. Admittedly, OOTB, we do not package much.

PSWAP, needs to be refactored, as the portlets found there have to be modified to work with 2.4 (descriptors have changed). Maybe one day when I have time, that will actually happen.

"sacha.labourey at jboss.com" wrote :
  | Also, the names that appear in the porlet list of the admin view are not really meaningfull. Can we imagine that each portlet also has a real name and a description that we could display (i.e. additional meta-data), at least for OUR portlets?

The AdminUI was added to ease manageability. We understand its lacking in the usability area. Now with a dedicated resource, it should be addressed in the 2.6 release.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3958047#3958047

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3958047