[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: JBoss goes down!

nabieh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 17 05:27:40 EDT 2006

Dear Jaikiran,
          Your reply is very appreciated, here you are the answers of your questions:

anonymous wrote : exceptions says: java.sql.SQLException: Exhausted Resultset

I have more than 12 exceptions in my DAOs, the whole DAO's works in the same behavior as shown in the following pseudocode:

  | PreparedStatement ps = null;
  | ResultSet rs = null;
  | try {
  | con = db.getConnection();
  | String sql = "SELECT ....where id = ?";
  | ps = con.prepareStatement(sql);
  | ps.setInt(1, id);
  | rs = ps.executeQuery();
  | while (rs.next()) {
  |       // Get integers, chars, strings, .....
  | }
  | } catch (SQLException ex) {
  |      log.error("Exception ...", e);
  |      throw new DAOException("DAO Exception : ", e);
  | }
  |
  | finally {
  |    try {
  |      if (rsGet != null)
  |          rsGet.close();
  |     } catch (SQLException e) {
  |          log.error("Error : ", e);
  |      }
  |   if (stmtGet != null) db.close(ps); /* db is a Serializable class where I close my connections and  statements and it works very fine */
  |   db.closeConnection(con);
  | }

I suggested to increase the Oracle cursers, does that make scense?

anonymous wrote : we are facing a strange behavior of the application server - JBoss, from time to time, it goes down and became unaccessible, and it seems that the application is not able to run any more

Dear, I have contacted my operation team and ask them about that, they told me that the JBoss is kept running but with no response at all, if you try to enter a web application it gives you the common 'Page not found' html page. I asked them also about the memory, the server has 2 GBs of memory, half of them assigned to the deployed application by setting that condition in the batch file for the java command within JBoss environemt.

anonymous wrote : Also, which version of JBoss are you using?

I contacted the operations, the JBoss version is 'JBoss 4.0.1SP1'

    Your feedback will be very kind of you Jaikiran. Please feel free to ask any question you would like to.

Nabieh.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3958411#3958411

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3958411