[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - How to generate separate xml files with Xdoclet when using i

Hoagiex do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 18 05:09:28 EDT 2006

I'm trying to create an 'addon' type structure, where I have a Parent.jar containing a Parent.class and a Parent.hbm.xml.

  | package mypackage;
  |
  | /**
  |  * @hibernate.class
  |  *  table = "parents"
  |  *
  |  */
  | public class
  | Parent
  | {
  |     public
  |     Parent()
  |     {
  |     }
  |
  |     /**
  |      * @hibernate.id
  |      *     column = "id"
  |      *     type = "long"
  |      *     generator-class = "native"
  |      *
  |      * @return
  |      */
  |     public Long
  |     getID()
  |     {
  |         return theID;
  |     }
  |
  |     public void
  |     setID(Long anID)
  |     {
  |         theID = anID;
  |     }
  |
  |     private Long theID = null;
  |

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  |
  | <!DOCTYPE hibernate-mapping PUBLIC
  |     "-//Hibernate/Hibernate Mapping DTD 3.0//EN"
  |     "http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-mapping-3.0.dtd">
  |
  | <hibernate-mapping
  | >
  |     <class
  |         name="mypackage.Parent"
  |         table="parents"
  |     >

  |         <id
  |             name="ID"
  |             column="id"
  |             type="long"
  |         >
  |             <generator class="native">
  |             </generator>
  |         </id>
  |     </class>
  |
  | </hibernate-mapping>

Now I wan to be able to add separate extending objects, which are placed in seperate jar files, to the above mentioned ORM parent object. Something as simple as given below.

  | package mysecondpackage;
  |
  | import mypackage.Parent;
  |
  | /**
  |  * ?????????????????
  |  */
  | public class
  | Child
  | extends Parent
  | {
  |     public
  |     Child()
  |     {
  |     }

The only problem is, that I want the Child.hbm.xml to declare the inheritence and not the Parent.hbm.xml. Although the hibernate docs say it's possible, I can't seem to get it working with polymophism working.

If someone knows how to realize this, please enlighten me :)
Also, can it only be done manually?... because I can't find any tags for Xdoclet that would allow it to be done automatically....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3958702#3958702

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3958702