[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: JBoss Performance Tuning

tdanecito do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 18 09:06:07 EDT 2006

Hi All,

Just wanted to mention I am using JAX-WS 2.0 for my web service layer. Even though it is a reference implementation it still has been fast compared to axis. The important thing to know about Web Service layers for performance are:

1. Use fast infoset.
2. Use Document literal
3. Use primatives and array of primatives instead of collections
4. Keep messages small (below 1500 bytes)

I would only use Web Service layer for B to B but would advise for large objects that are returned from a Web Service to use RMI if used inside a company.

Have Fun,
Tony Anecito
adanecito at yahoo.com

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3958781#3958781