[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Embeddable Objects (EJB3) not working properly

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 18 10:01:20 EDT 2006

"niesar" wrote :
  | <h:inputText id="classEInst" value="#{classAInst.classEInst.classEVar}" >

This is most definitely should work.  Doesn't matter to JSF EL whether it's Embedded or not.  Having looked at your code I can't see why it doesn't I'm afraid.  Perhaps Class is a keyword in JSF EL, have you tried using another name? Does accessing classAInst.classEInst.classEVar work if you put an inputText for it in classAEdit.xhtml rather than the tag source file?

anonymous wrote :  The only workaround I could find is to pass the complete ClassE object like
  | <h:inputText id="classEInst" value="#{classAInst.classEInst}" >
  | But that causes the problem that I have the restriction 1object  <---> 1String for the JSF converter. This way it's also no option.

This is not the right way to access properties of an object.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3958800#3958800

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3958800