[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - failed to lazily initialize a collection of role

triathlon98 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 18 11:23:31 EDT 2006

I have the error below which happens during a call to e EJB3 SFSB. There is no explicit rollback happening in the code and the session is (obviously) managed by the container. I am using JBoss 4.0.4GA.

  | 2006-07-17 06:02:05,374 ERROR [org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException] failed to lazily initialize a collection of role: org.ictrace.server.pm.DMWeightGroupTotalBean.batches, no session or session was closed
  | org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException: failed to lazily initialize a collection of role: org.ictrace.server.pm.DMWeightGroupTotalBean.batches, no session or session was closed	at org.hibernate.collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.throwLazyInitializationException(AbstractPersistentCollection.java:358)	at org.hibernate.collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.throwLazyInitializationExceptionIfNotConnected(AbstractPersistentCollection.java:350)	at org.hibernate.collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.initialize(AbstractPersistentCollection.java:343)	at org.hibernate.collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.read(AbstractPersistentCollection.java:86)	at org.hibernate.collection.PersistentBag.iterator(PersistentBag.java:246)	at package.WeightMediatorBaseEx.addWGTBatch(WeightMediatorBaseEx.java:359)	at  ...

The code where the exception is invoced looks like this :

  |     private void addWGTBatch( DMWeightGroupTotalBean obj, String batchRef )
  |         throws UnidConstraintViolation
  |     {
  |         if ( obj == null || batchRef == null ) return;
  |         try
  |         {
  |             Collection<DMWeightGroupTotal_BatchesBean> batches = obj.getBatches();
  |             if ( batches == null )
  |             {
  |                 batches = new ArrayList<DMWeightGroupTotal_BatchesBean>();
  |                 obj.setBatches( batches );
  |             }
  |             // check if the object already exists
  |             for ( DMWeightGroupTotal_BatchesBean bb : batches ) // error is reported on this line
  |             {
  |                 if ( batchRef.equals( bb.getBatches() ) ) return;
  |             }
  |             batches.add( new DMWeightGroupTotal_BatchesBean( batchRef ) );
  |             obj.modified();
  |         }
  |         catch ( Exception ex )
  |         {
  |             throw new UnidConstraintViolation( UCV_PROBLEM_WHEN_ADDING_BATCH_TO_THE_TOTAL_LINE, batchRef, ex );
  |         }
  |     }

Does anybody have any idea what is causing this error and how I can fix / work around it?

Thanks,
Joachim

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3958850#3958850

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3958850