[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - required fields for transitions?

omaass do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 18 12:47:20 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm exploring jBPM and I have a conceptual question. I know that tasks can have required fields. But as far as I know, there is no way to define required fields for transitions. Wouldn't that be sometimes more important than for the task?

Example: you have a workflow where a designer uploads an image that is to be approved by the art director. The art director gets a task "check image" in node "waiting for approval". Node "waiting for approval" has two transitions: "approve" and "reject". Now the transition "reject" would need a required variable "rejection reason" whereas "approve" would not.

How could you implement this scenario in jBPM? Is there another way I don't see?

Thanks for help!
omaass

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3958879#3958879

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3958879