[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam mailer component

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 18 14:26:29 EDT 2006

Ok, so I do perhaps need to receive email ;-) and faxes, and SMS, and...

  | * I started looking at MDB and JCA message inflow, looks like a good way to do it. My initial idea would be to have a listener interface
  |
  | public interface EmailListener {
  |   | public void receive(javax.mail.Message message);
  |   | }
  |
  | which must be implemeneted by the MDB receiving email.  Then write a resource adaptor to receive new messages from the emailbox and deliver them.
  |
  | * The resource adaptor would need to poll the mail box every x seconds to check for new email.
  |
  | * Might want to set user, host, password at runtime.  But what I'm suggesting seems to require it at deploy time.
  |
  | * Doesn't seem to be very Seam like. A thought is to tie it to component driven events which could solve other problems (I need to think about this)
  |
  | * Would be a good way to send email as well i.e.
  |
  | @In private Mailer mailer
  |   | ...
  |   | javax.mail.Message message = ...;
  |   | mailer.send(message);
  |   | ...
  |   |

  | The Mailer component could then add in any defaults specified if not set on the message.

Comments, thoughts, ideas welcome (please!)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3958919#3958919

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3958919