[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Please explain the Portal URL - /portal/portal

hamptont do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 18 18:49:08 EDT 2006

Version: JBoss Portal 2.2.1SP1

When I install the portal and run it the URL looks like this

http://localhost/portal/portal/default/default

I understand part of this but not the second /portal

http:///<context root>/<what's this>/<portal name>/<page name>

I don't understand where the second /portal is comming from.  It's causing real problems for me.  I need to use the context root because I have other apps (not Java) running on my apache web server.  So I can't forward all traffic to JBoss.

If I change the context root / for the portal then the URL looks ok until I try to use some of the portlets (i.e. User Portlet).  The links in the UserPortlet won't have /portal in them at all.  Those link become /auth instead of /portal/auth.  because the context root is gone.  This means that I can't redirect /portal/* stuff from apache to JBoss.  /portal/auth is not the only url that I've noticed so I'm affraid redirecting /auth/* isn't enough.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3958974#3958974

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3958974