[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: @IfInvalid throws unhandled exception

denis-karpov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 19 04:52:33 EDT 2006

In many cases validation depends not only from a value of a single control. It depends from context. From other properties of the bean. And as I understand, JSF like validation does not support this cases.

I tried to use Validator for a bean and ( @IfInvalid/@Valid ).  I got the problem that was described in the this topic. When I traced it. I discovered that validation was made twice. First by Seam (it was correct. Seam put error message into FacesMessages). Second by Hibernate. And Hibernate raised exception when validation fails.

Is there any way now to perform such validation?

Denis.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3959047#3959047

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3959047