[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - env-entry injection in a @Service EJB

rene@xinit.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 19 04:53:34 EDT 2006

Hi,

I would ask how I can do an env-entry injection into an jboss @Service EJB? There are many examples how this can be done with session beans and also message driven bean. But I could not find anything how to inject a primary type resource into a @Service EJB.

I have the following test service:

  | @Service
  | public class MyTestServiceBean implements MyTestService {
  |
  |     @Resource(name = "maxValue") public int maxValue = 10;
  |
  |     public MyTestServiceBean() {
  |         System.out.println("MAX_VALUE: " + maxValue);
  |     }
  |
  |     public void test() {
  |         // ...
  |     }
  |
  | }

In ejb-jar.xml I tried something like this (which I didn't really expected to work)

  | <ejb-jar>
  | 	<enterprise-beans>
  | 		<env-entry>
  | 			<env-entry-name>maxValue</env-entry-name>
  | 			<env-entry-type>java.lang.Integer</env-entry-type>
  | 			<env-entry-value>1000</env-entry-value>
  | 		</env-entry>
  | 	</enterprise-beans>
  | </ejb-jar>

I also tried many variations with <injection-target> and setting this stuff in jboss.xml. But nothing worked so far.

Thanks in advance,

René

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3959049#3959049

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3959049