[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Modeling simple process(tasks)

dlipski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 19 05:18:23 EDT 2006

anonymous wrote : would cost me (personally) to much free time
In my opinion it does mean that existing possibilities are not sufficient, because it is common and simple situation so it should be easy to model it.

anonymous wrote : Some suggestions are made above
If you are talking about this one with parallel tasks i think it's too complicated for such simple case.

anonymous wrote : It is the combination of how *you* want to draw/design the process
I want to design it as simple as it is possible, because in the future it will not be changed by system architect/programmer but by system user.
Maybe i made same wrong assumption here.(but why not ?)

As i said at the biginning I'm using jBPM for few days and never used any other workflow system. So maybe problem lies in the way i want to change processes in the future. I thought that this shuld be made by customer, not system programmers/designers etc. Thats why i want to model easy cases easly.

Maybe i don't understand the process of designing, deploying processes.
I imagine that process is designed by customer and after that it is deployed by system developers. Of course developers can add something to process (only actions?) but this should be invisible for process designers. I think that process deployers shouldn't transform process design to some different form which fulfil technical requirements.

Yours suggestions may work but they are to complicated, this problem can be solved much simplier: adding possibility to link tasks with transitions. But this is only newbie suggestion.

anonymous wrote :
  | If you still want to draw it like you do now, maybe jBPM is not the best engine for your needs.
I want to draw it easly, and im looking for easy solution (parallel in generaly isn't easy). Maybe it isn't the best solution, but don't understand me wrong, i respect your work, i see a lot of good solutions here but it's hard to imagine for me that such simple case must be designed in some strange way.

Thanks for your support

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3959058#3959058

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3959058