[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Embeddable Objects (EJB3) not working properly

niesar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 19 11:51:13 EDT 2006

OK, this is an intermediate information for everybody who is interested how this story is developing.

Well, I actually didn't want to work on this during my trip, but it was itching too much. After updating JBoss on my notebook, I was kind of successful (Yipppieee!!!) - partly at least.

The problem seems to be ClassE. If I do the following changes, everything works just fine:
@Embeddable
  | public class ClassE
  | 	implements java.io.Serializable {
  |
  | 	private int classEVar;                 //  --> private String classEVar
  |
  | 	public ClassE() {
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public ClassE(int classEContents) {   // --> public ClassE(String classEContents)
  | 		this.classEVar = classEContents;
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public int getClassEVar() {         // --> public String getClassEVar()
  | 		return classEVar;
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public void setClassEVar(int classEVar) {  // --> public void setClassEVar(String classEVar)
  | 		this.classEVar = classEVar;
  | 	}
And now variable access with #{classAInst.classEInst.classEVar}works without errors. Input, output, everything works fine like this, no problems at all.

Don't ask me, right now I've no clue why it makes such a difference if I use a String instead of an integer.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3959192#3959192

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3959192