[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - How does the datamodel get populated

bluetrade do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 19 12:58:41 EDT 2006

Hi,
I was wondering how the datamodel gets populated. Are all entries retrieved right away? I display information page-wise, and sometimes there could be 30-40 pages of data, so is the actual object only loaded into memory when I access it or is everything that's in the datamodel in memory? Should I manually use limit-queries (which I didn't think were supported [i.e. limit (20,80)] ) or is it feasible to always use the subList?

I have right now the following
private List everything;
@DataModel
List subset;
initially I populate the list everything with the em.query("from stuff")...
when the next() is called I do
public void() {
 subset  = everything.subList(pos,pos+size);
}

Is there anything wrong with that approach? Anything I could improve? The reason why I am asking is that sometimes I have high response times, which I have yet to understand..
Thanks,
joey

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3959226#3959226

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3959226