[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Inject EL Results

MSchmidke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 20 01:42:30 EDT 2006

Hello,

okok, perhaps my yesterday's post was a little bit confusing. I'll give it another try with totally other words.

In Facelets, you can use the ui:include tag to embed components, and you can use ui:param to pass arguments to that components. Inside the included component, the arguments are accessible via EL without any problem, but they are not injectable to seam components. So I suppose that there is some kind of local variable storage in Facelets, which is not accessible from Seam.

I can imagine several solutions for this:

- I am perfectly wrong and there is just a mistake I made somewhere
- Modify Seam so that it can access to that local variable storage
- Add a custom tag which allows to store an EL result in a context variable (so that I can copy them over to something which is visible for Seam)
- Add something else so that I can inject the result of an EL expression

What do you think?

Regards,

Marcus.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3959425#3959425