[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Transaction Required Exception in EJB Client

KickMeToAndy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 20 03:04:47 EDT 2006

Hello,

i am getting a javax.transaction.TransactionRequiredException: Transaction Required when i try to access (finder method call)
my ejb cmp beans from a ejb client.

In my client i am using the UserTransction to handle transactions :

      tx = (UserTransaction) jndiContext.lookup("UserTransaction");
  |       tx.begin();
  |       acces to my cmp bean
  |       tx.commit();

This works fine, when i access my cmp beans on a single jboss. however
if my cmp beans are deployed in a jboss cluster im a getting the Exception
above, accessing my cmp beans.  The transaction type for my cmp beans
is "Mandatory", i am using jboss 3.2.7.
What can be the cause of my problem ? Is it possible that it has something
to do with distributed transactions ?

any ideas ?

thanks in advance,
Andreas