[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Facelets: Parameters to custom tags

niesar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 20 03:49:58 EDT 2006

Hmmm,

still not sure if I really understand your problem exactly.

However, I don't think it's possible to inject a temporary variable, which is created by JSF, into an arbitrary bean.

But can't you do it the "usual" way?

Let's keep the class name I invented before for a moment, namely "Kontozeile" for "kontozeile_iter" aka "konto" within kontoname.xhtml.

if class Kontozeile has this method "public String getWert()" you showed in your first post, there should be no need to inject "konto" or "kontozeile_iter" anywhere. In that case you should be able to invoke that method with "#{konto.wert}" in kontoname.xhtml.

... or this way?

again: "kontozeile_iter"/"konto" is of Class Kontozeile
public class Kontozeile {
  | private Kontoname kontoname;
  | //don't forget getters (and setters if required) for JSF

public class Kontoname {

  | public String getWert() {
  |     return "this is what I really need";
  | }

If you can do it like that, you can access it with #{konto.kontoname.wert} within kontoname.xhtml.

Is that no option for you?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3959459#3959459

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3959459