[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Problems to integrate CustomLoginModule

petersî do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 20 04:41:12 EDT 2006

Hi,

we would like to use our own login module to authenticate consumers and providers with our SOA-based infrastructure and I have the impression that Jboss totally ignores the custom login modules and instead uses it own

Im using by the way JBoss 4.0.4. RC1 with JDK 1.5

I have set up following  sbb-login-config-xml

  | <?xml version='1.0'?>
  | <!DOCTYPE policy PUBLIC
  |       "-//JBoss//DTD JBOSS Security Config 3.0//EN"
  |       "http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/dtd/security_config.dtd">
  |
  | <!-- The XML based JAAS login configuration read by the
  | org.jboss.security.auth.login.XMLLoginConfig mbean. Add
  | an application-policy element for each security domain.
  |
  | The outline of the application-policy is:
  | <application-policy name="security-domain-name">
  |   <authentication>
  |     <login-module code="login.module1.class.name" flag="control_flag">
  |       <module-option name = "option1-name">option1-value</module-option>
  |       <module-option name = "option2-name">option2-value</module-option>
  |     </login-module>
  |
  |     <login-module code="login.module2.class.name" flag="control_flag">
  |     </login-module>
  |   </authentication>
  | </application-policy>
  |
  | -->
  | <policy>
  |     <application-policy name="auth-id-password">
  |       <authentication>
  |         <login-module code="org.sopware.security.login.ldap.LDAPLoginModule"
  |           flag="required">
  |           <module-option name="auth-type">auth-id-password</module-option>
  |           <module-option name="container-type">JBOSS</module-option>
  |            <module-option name="org.sopware.sbb.directory.master.url">ldap://localhost:389/ou=DataAuthenticationTSP,o=SOPware</module-option>
  |         </login-module>
  |       </authentication>
  |     </application-policy>
  |
  |     <application-policy name="auth-principal">
  |       <authentication>
  |         <login-module code="org.sopware.security.login.ldap.LDAPLoginModule"
  |           flag="required">
  |           <module-option name="auth-type">auth-principal</module-option>
  |      <module-option name="org.sopware.sbb.directory.master.url">ldap://localhost:389/ou=DataAuthenticationTSP,o=SOPware</module-option>
  |          </login-module>
  |       </authentication>
  |     </application-policy>
  |
  |  <application-policy name="auth-token-checking">
  |       <authentication>
  |         <login-module code="org.sopware.security.login.ldap.LDAPLoginModule"
  |           flag="required">
  |           <module-option name="auth-type">auth-token-password</module-option>
  |           <module-option name="container-type">JBOSS</module-option>
  |           <module-option name="reauthentication">true</module-option>
  |          <module-option name="org.sopware.sbb.directory.master.url">ldap://localhost:389/ou=DataAuthenticationTSP,o=SOPware</module-option>
  |         </login-module>
  |       </authentication>
  |     </application-policy>
  |
  | </policy>

Im using this service.xml to startup the config

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE server>

      sbb-login-config.xml
      <depends optional-attribute-name="LoginConfigService">
         jboss.security:service=XMLLoginConfig

      <depends optional-attribute-name="SecurityManagerService">
         jboss.security:service=JaasSecurityManager

The Jar file for the login module is in the server/lib. Is this the best way to put it ? Or do i need to put it in a jar file ?
It seems that on startup the jar file can be accessed and is loaded.

The security domain is set in the relevant DDs .

According to the log is seems to be able to read my login-config file and reads out the security domains. But somehow its now able to use it and I dont get any error message because of it .

by the way Im using it own server side and not on client side not als client login module but this is also something we consider .

Any hints and tips ?

Thx and rgds,

Iris

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3959477#3959477