[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: ERROR [javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag] Faces context

rfidler1978 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 20 09:49:28 EDT 2006

Just to dump in two cents....

I was receiving the same error when moving a webapp from Tomcat standalone to JBoss 4.0.4 GA.  When looking at the existing web.xml I noticed that some properties that were set using net.sourceforge.myfaces.  Recalling from some JBoss JSF documentation that the default JSF implementation was provided by Apache, I looked into which library Tomcat (embedded) was using - and behold it was Apache's implementation.

Now I would think that having the net.sourceforge implementation in my WEB-INF would prompt Tomcat to use that impl, but it didn't.  When I replaced the default Apache impl with the net.sourceforge everything was fine.

How to change jsf impl:

Section 9.9 of:
http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/jboss4guide/r4/html/ch9.chapt.html

(thanks to a previous post for providing this URL)

Afore mentioned tag lib issue might still be an issue but for me it was just the JSF implementation.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3959572#3959572

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3959572