[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Does clustering require traffic over 1098 as well as 11800?

annecotter do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 20 10:57:50 EDT 2006

I apologize if this is a basic question, but I cannot find a clear answer in any of the documentation.  I have JGroups configured to use TCP.  I notice that when a new member joins the cluster, there seems to be traffic generated from port 1098, as well as the expected JGroups traffic on 11800.  Is there an RMI call made when a new member joins the cluster?  I'm suspecting this is how the new member registers itself with the existing member's HA partition?

Any info would be much appreciated, thank you in advance.

regards,
Anne

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3959602#3959602

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3959602