[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Unexploded EAR won't redeploy even when touching application

rpiaggio do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 21 15:06:59 EDT 2006

Obviously I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what.

I added a path in my workspace to the DeploymentScanner:      <attribute name="URLs">
  |          deploy/,
  | 	 file:/D:/workspace/Myproject/deploy
  |       </attribute>

Inside D:/workspace/Myproject/deploy I have the following structure:
  | Myproject-ear/
  |     META-INF/
  |         application.xml
  |     Myproject-EJB.jar/
  |         META-INF/
  |             ejb-jar.xml
  |             persistence.xml
  |     Myproject-Web.war/
  |         WEB-INF/
  |             web.xml

The application.xml references the other exploded packages:
  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <application xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee" version="1.4"
  |     xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  |     xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com /xml/ns/j2ee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/application_1_4.xsd">
  |     <display-name>Test</display-name>
  |     <description>Myapplication</description>
  |
  |     <module>
  |       <ejb>Myproject-EJB.jar</ejb>
  |     </module>
  |
  |     <module>
  |         <web>
  |             <web-uri>Myproject-Web.war</web-uri>
  |             <context-root>myapp</context-root>
  |         </web>
  |     </module>
  | </application>

This deploys fine when JBoss (4.0.4.GA) is started. It also works if I make changes to the files. But if I want to force a redeploy, there's no way to do it. I tried touching applicacion.xml, ejb-jar.xml and web.xml but nothing happens.

What am I missing?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3960006#3960006

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3960006