[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Hibernate Validation / Page Scope --> allways new entity

bfo81 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 24 04:55:38 EDT 2006

I might be wrong, but I think the problem is that you use a STATELESS bean. And this one forgets its state after invokation of a method. I.e. it forgets your ClientPerson Entity and the id as well. So after every reload of the form a new ClientPerson is generated - without an id - and so the EntityManager always creates a new one.

I must confess I still didn't get 100% familiar with states and scopes and stuff either, though working with Seam for a few weeks now. You need to make some mistakes when using Seam in order to exactly understand what things are good for. Trial and error, learning by doing... that's the hard work you must do before being rewarded with the great possibilties Seam offers ;).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3960267#3960267

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3960267