[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Hibernate Validation / Page Scope --> allways new entity

bfo81 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 24 06:56:53 EDT 2006

It's always useful to give an Editor Bean the Conversation Scope.

The method that's invoked by the preceding page (e.g. list page) should be annotated with @begin(nested=true) and the method being called before leaving the editor page (e.g. save) should be annotated with @end.

If you do so, the editor bean keeps its state (especially the edited entity bean) exactly as long as the user is on the editor page. And I believe that's exactly what you want :).

(I made this one bold 'cause it's on of my conclusions of the last weeks working with Seam. if I would have known it before I wouldn't have lost half of my hair ;)).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3960314#3960314

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3960314