[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Proper way to instantiate seam managed component

iradix do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 24 10:13:31 EDT 2006

Sorry for the delay in replying.

anonymous wrote : In any case, see if adding @Intercept(InterceptionType.ALWAYS) to your component definitions help.

As I said before, I already tried the @Intercept annotation; no dice.

anonymous wrote : So you want to be able to manually create a list of new uniquely isolated SFSBs on each call to your JSF action? This sounds like a bad thing. What is your use case?

No, the unique instances are created when the "parent" SFSB is initialized, not on each call.  I'm somewhat new to the EJB model but these instances recieve JSF actions (therefore they must be transactional themselves) and maintain state across invocations so it seems to me that SFSB are the way to go.

anonymous wrote : How are you determining that it does not get injected?

Actually, I didn't even go so far as to load the debugger up.  I got a null pointer exception on my logging call so I threw a quick System.err.println statement in to confirm that the Log instance was indeed null during the method invocation.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3960396#3960396

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3960396