[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - CMP databse link at runtime?

rupshall do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 24 11:38:45 EDT 2006

Is it possible to have CMP beans running on the same server instance access two seperate databases based on username for example?

I have an app server connected to an IBM iSeries, I have a library with production data, and a library with test data.  For example, I need to know if its possible to pont user TRAIN1 to a CMP bean linked to the table in the test library while pointing the CMP bean that user JOEDOE accesses to the production library?

Can I do this or do I need to setup 2 server instances, one pointing to the training database and the other to the production database?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3960442#3960442

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3960442