[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: can username be UTF-8

trulore do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 25 11:17:00 EDT 2006

Has there been any solution to this problem?

I have run into as well using JBoss 4.0.3SP1 (and 4.0.4GA).

In my Web Applications, I can login with English usernames and passwords just fine.

But when I try to login with a Russian or Chineese username, the login always fails.

>From the tracing I've done, it seems the username is getting converted to ISO-8859-1, and that's why it's failing.

I've done all the "standard" things to make our pages UTF-8, and this does work on every page except the login page.  Something about "j_security_check" is ignoring UTF-8 and forcing a conversion to "ISO-8859-1".

Any thoughts?  Pointers?

Robert Pappas

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3960721#3960721

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3960721