[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: Multiple Instance of JBoss

visolvejboss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 25 23:58:35 EDT 2006

Hello,

The details were explained in that link itself. For your reference we will provide the same information here.

There are two methods of running multiple instances.

1. With the use ipaddress parameter

# run.sh -b localhost
# run.sh -b {ipaddess}

Note that, with this method we are starting two instances of JBoss with the same configuration mode (default). One of the problem with this method is second JBoss instance will thorw an error if you configured to run Hsqldb as your database.

2. By specifying the different ports for each service

To excute this method, you should have two configurations and you should specify different portnumber for each service in this two configurations.

Manually changing the port number for each service is tedious job. So, we can use the ServiceBinding service avaiable in JBoss.

Take an example, you want to run default and all mode in the same server. You can achive this by umcommenting the Service Binding  section of the jboss-service.xml  file in the conf directory of any of configuration (default or all).

   <mbean code="org.jboss.services.binding.ServiceBindingManager"

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3960865#3960865

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3960865