[jboss-user] [Javassist user questions] - Re: Javassist throws SecurityException on 4.0.4GA

peter_p do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 26 01:43:46 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've made similar experiences. Instead of  EJB3 I'm directly working
with hibernate and using the JBoss Hibernate MBean to bind my
sessionfactory to the JNDI Tree.
My Client is a webstart application and I'am forced to sign my classes.
In the EJB3 Forum this error is posted, too. The thread suggests to
switch back to cglib in order to solve this problem. One should use the
-Dhibernate.bytecode.provide=cglib Option to change the implementation
to cglib.
Using this switch together with the Hibernate MBean you will see that it
is ignored because the MBean overrides it on construction:

  |     protected void createService() throws Exception
  |     {
  |         log.trace( "forcing bytecode provider -> javassist" );
  |         // todo : really need a much better solution for this...
  |         System.setProperty( Environment.BYTECODE_PROVIDER, "javassist" );
  |     }

Thus, I suppose javassist is the prefered way to do bytecode enhancement.
Does anybody know a workaround for this error?

Are there plans to fix this error?

regards
Peter

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3960875#3960875