[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - ClassCastException calling EJB3 from Portal

cuoz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 26 10:03:26 EDT 2006

Hi all,
I'm trying to use my EJB3 application from a JBoss Portal portlet and getting the infamous ClassCastException.  I have read all the wiki & other resources on classloading, etc, but have not been able to solve this one.

Specifics are:  JBoss 4.0.4GA, Portal 2.4-CR2, EJB3 RC7 (I just noticed RC8 was released last week, so haven't tried it yet).

I have packaged the ejb3 application and the portlet application in separate ear files, and have also tried scoped loader repositories.  The portlet includes a jar file of only the client parts of my ejb3 application.  I have JBossAS configured for call by value, etc.

Here are application specifics:
ClientEJB is an entity that implements Client interface
ClientSessionBean is a SLSB
ClientSessionLocal is the local interface to the session bean
The method I am calling on the session bean is:
   Client createClient(String username, String password)

It creates an instance of ClientEJB, persists it, and returns it as a Client interface.

The call to the session bean works fine.  I get the CCE when I try to use the returned object as a Client and not a ClientEJB.

What should I be doing to make this work?  I'm sure if I package it all in the same ear file it will work, but I don't want that (though I haven't tried that yet).

Hopefully somebody already ran into this scenario and can help.  Let me know if you need more information.

Thank you in advance,
Gary.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3960986#3960986

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3960986